400th AnniversariesCelebrations in the US and Canada, related to the 400ths.
... list of upcoming celebration sites ---
- 1941 (?) - Francisco Vasquez de Coronado's 1541 visit to Quivira (Wichita tribe - present day Kansas)
- 1965 - St. Augustine, FL (1565)
- 1984 (?) - Roanoke Colony
- 2006 - 400th of Rev. John White's appointment as Rector of Holy Trinity and St. Peter's churches in Dorchester, Dorset.
- 2007 - Jamestown, VA (1607)
- August 2007 - Brief celebration of the Popham Colony's experience (Plymouth Company). They built a sea-worthy ship, Virginia. John Hunt's map (1607).
- 2008 - Québec City, Quebec, Canada (1608)
- 2010 - Santa Fe, NM (1610)
- August 14, 2014 - Celebration of Capt. John Smith's mapping of the Isles of Shoals.
- 2020 - Plymouth Colony
Prior Recent 400th Anniversaries.
Note: Content will deal with more than New England.
1 Get the firsts (Maritime provinces - several, Roanoke, Popham, ..., California, the interior (to wit, St. Louis, ...) -- See Gorges' remarks in the Annals about who was first
2 Find out about, and include, their celebrations
3 Then bring in New England's huge list
See http://thomasgardnerofsalem.blogspot.com/ for additional information.